- Estonian dissidents were imprisoned by the Soviet Union supermafia.
- Ecuador took hostage(local copy) one of the TorBrowser developers, Ola Bini(his GitHub account).
- https://www.therenditionproject.org.uk/ is
about United States George Walker Bush Iraq war era CIA torture program.
Keyphrases: extraordinary rendition, torture flights.
Robbing and Looting
- Soviet Union era KGB robbed and looted activists of Soviet Estonian Christian community(a video in Estonian). The main items that were robbed were Christianity related books, artwork, recordings, but the KGB also robbed("confiscated") spare toilet paper and coffee, which were difficult to get during the period of Soviet Union goods shortage. To psychologically terrorize Christian parents, the KGB threatened them that if the Christian parents do not do what the KGB wants, then the KGB will take the children and put them to foster homes, because the Christian parents have "mistreated" their children by telling them about God.
Physical Violence by a mob
- In 2005 a Canadian internet service provider, Telus, blocked(archival copy, archive_org_copy, local copy) a web site critical of the Telus from its subscribers/clients. The website was an election campaign website for those unionist workers within the Telus, who were critical of the company's then current practices.
- In 2016 NPMjs.com removes an open source software package named "kik" from its repository, because some company claims to own a trademark "KIK" and threatens the NPMjs.com with its lawyers. After that incident the original author of the open source software package, Azer Koçulu, decides to delete all of his packages from the NPMjs.com repository., reminding the rest of the world, that the NPMjs.com is not an adequate place for publishing open source software.
- In 2018 Facebook blocked(archival copy, local copy) the account of an Estonian Christian Neo-Nazi(their 2018_08 program in Estonian), Varro Vooglaid.
- YouTube, Facebook, and Apple ban(archival
copy, local copy) the conspiracy
theorist, the infowars.com(archival
copy, local copy) Alex
- In 2018_09 Google blocked the videos of Putin's regime opposition leader, the Алексей_Анатольевич_Навальный/Alexei_ Navalny (archival copy, local copy).
- Year 2019 Chinese web browser apply web browser side blocking(archival copy, local copy, clones of the GitHub repositories with protest documents)
- Year 2019 Chinese(archival copy, local copy) and South-Korean(archival copy, local copy) porn censorship.
- 2019_07_xx Latvian supermafia in cooperation with the University of Latvia Faculty of Computing blocked(archival copy, local copy) the domain baltnews.lv.
- 2019_07_xx GitHub blocks the account of a Russian Developer, who lives at Crimea(archive_org_copy)
- Radiojamming(Russian military example)
- Censorship software that is installed right on the end-users computer like the "antivirus" software at the North-Korean "Red Star OS" Linux distribution, where documents get "watermarked" and documents with politically censorable content get deleted automatically like a "virus". The Beijing supermafia censorship software is called "Green Dam"(local_copy).
- 2020_08 Google removes (archival_copy, archive_org_copy, local_copy) Fediverse Android applications from its store to censor "hate speech".
- 2020 Apple blocked various applications(archival_copy, archive_org_copy, local_copy) from its technically and legally mandatory applications portal in the name of "privacy violations".
- In 2020, during the COVID19 pandemic, a videocall company, Zoom, censored an academic conference that had a Palestinian activist, Leila Khaled, as one of the guests of the conference.
Eavesdropping and Snooping
- Eavesdropping by super-mafiosi, including the Estonian supermafia (local copy).
- Eavesdropping by super-mafiosi with the help of private firms. Some examples: Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages(archival copy, archive_org_copy, local copy, keyword: Skype)
- An attempt to eavesdrop email communication by demanding email service providers like the Lavabit email service(archival_copy, archive_org_copy, local_copy) to hand over its clients' emails.
- Copying of data from physically wearable electronics
Surveillance in the form of Tracking the Physical Movement of People
- Collection of cellphone location data with the pretext of fighting infections disease like the COVID19. (s_01, s_01_archival_copy, s_01_archive_org_copy, s_01_local_copy)
Cuts Internet Access for Julian Assange to Preserve Neutrality in U.S. Election (archival
copy, local copy)
- Gabon Internet Censorship (archival copy, local copy)
- Internet Blackouts in Kashmir (archival copy, local copy)
- Internet Blackouts in Togo (archival copy, local copy)
- Sharing of links to public web pages, "hyperlinking", is selectively censored in the European Union. (source_in_Estonian, its_archival_copy, its_local_copy, EU_doc, archival_copy_of_the_EU_doc, local_copy_of_the_EU_doc)
- The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority
blocked social media sites in 2017(archival
copy, local copy)
censorship efforts(archival copy,
- In 2017_12 the telegram.org banned/blocked(archival copy, local copy) an anti Iranian news channel. The background of the founder(archival copy,local copy) of the telegram.org, the Pavel Durov.
- In 2017_12 the Facebook deletes accounts according to the demands of the United States State Department(the U.S. equivalent of the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, "Välisministeerium") and according to the demands of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Hiding of genitals and pubic hair in Japanese porn (archival copy).
Psychological Methods Based Censorship
- 2017_12 Twitter unregistered(archival copy, local copy) at least some of the WikiLeaks Julian Assange tweet feed listeners.
- 2016 Google tries to re-brainwash(archival copy, local copy) Islamic terrorist recruits to make them stop their violent activity.
- NDA-s (Non-Disclosure Agreement) combined with supermafia repression system are used for threatening to rob a person, who signed the NDA, to personal bankruptcy, if the person reveals corporate malicious activity. Some people find it essential for the Silicon Valley to operate.
- Microcode update (archival copy, local copy) of AMD (archival copy, local copy) and Intel CPU-s can be done by drivers and operating system updates.
- Intel CPU runs Andrew Stuart Tanenbaum's MINIX3 (archival copy, local copy) at an execution space that is not generally visible to the kernel of the operating system that the owner of the hardware installs on the Intel CPU based computer. Problem description by Joanna Rutkowska(2015_12_27 presentation at ccc.de, "Towards Reasonably Trustworthy x86 Laptops").
An Environment, Where Human Lives are Expendable
- U.S. Military Murders
Medecins Sans Frontiers Members at Afghanistan Kunduz Hospital (local
copy of the whole DemocracyNow!
Exploitation Motivated Secrecy, Including the Censorship of Technical and Scientific Information
- During the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union the evacuation plans of the U.S. cities were not to save the people, but to force the Soviet Union to double the amount of nuclear warheads that it has to spend: one set of warheads for the city and another set of warheads for the publicly known evacuation destinations. (local copy of the 2008_02 TED talk by the Irwin Redlener)
- defcad.com was restricted(archival
copy, local copy)
from publishing 3D printing models of plastic guns.
- MIPS Technologies Inc demanded that the OpenCores.org stops linking to MIPS CPU documentation at the MIPS Technologies Inc web site.
- A copyright troll, Elsevier, charges people for reading scientific papers that have been developed by using supermafia loot, propaganda wise "public money". If the public paid for the research, then the public should have free, unrestricted, access to the results of the research, no so that scientists and their collaborating "publisher", for example, Elsevier, charge license fees for the scientific papers. The Elsevier uses the supermafia repression apparatus to censor SciHub and the Library Genesis, LibGen (archival copy, local copy).
Obstacles to the Privacy Violations Audits
- As of 2018_10 the Estonian supermafia plans to officially license private data to the highest bidder. The private data licensing business model would not work, if the license did not include a ban on the redistribution of the data. If the licensee claims something publicly interesting about the privacy violations, the Estonian supermafia can either refuse to license the data to the party that wants to do the audits. The license refusal can be in the form of an unaffordable license fee. The Estonian supermafia may also resort to some stricter form of a Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA).
Use of Privacy Protection Social Demands("laws") as an excuse for Censorship
- 2019_10 Estonian interpretation(archival copy, archive_org_copy, local copy) of the GDPR is that the Sotsiaalministeerium/Ministry_of_Social_Affairs is allowed to sell "anonymized" data about people's personal problems, the Police is allowed to place automated speeding ticket cameras with car number plate readers, but the "private sector" is not allowed to publish an ordinary, unmodified, photo from the street, because the number plates of cars on the picture might reveal the identities of the people driving the cars at the photographed location.
Low Quality of the Network Infrastructure and the low Quality of the Power Supply Infrastructure
If the network of the Internet Service Providers(ISPs) stops functioning due to power failures that result from storm damages, then the end result is as if someone had intentionally taken down the whole network. That kind of series of events happened in Estonia in 2019_10_29, where the cellphone network kept operating, but both, the mobile internet and cable based internet were down. Land-line phones were also out of order, because if the internet is down, then the Voice-over-IP(VoIP) does not work. Obviously, no card payments are possible, if the internet is down.
Omission from Historical Records
Some Vague Collections of References
- Index on Censorship YouTube Channel
- The http blockedinrussia dot com might be a "honey trap" for luring out anti-Kremlin activists (archival copy) or even if it is not, then those kind of sites are the ones that the Russian version of the "Great Wall of China" will probably try to monitor for traffic.
- netblocks.org Internet blockade
measurement tool and its GitHub account.
- Reporters Sans Frontieres ranking page.
- On 2018_09_12 the European Commission President, Jean-Claude Juncker, proposed that there should be an European Union wide censoring system that removes censored content within 1h (archival copy, local copy).
- 2020_11_14_theintercept_com_videocall_company_Zoom_Censored_during_COVID19_pandemic_an_academic_conference_that_had_a_Palestinian_activist_Leila_Khaled_as_one_of_its_guests.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-09-25 01:10:57. [details]
- 2021_09_10_bbc_com_Elizabeth_Holmes_Has_the_Theranos_scandal_changed_Silicon_Valley_by_James_Clayton.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-09-25 00:58:24. [details]
- 2009_xx_xx_opennet_net_Chinese_Green_Dam_Censorship_Software.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-08-16 07:00:31. [details]
- 2021_07_08_lwn_net_Another_misstep_for_Audacity_by_Jonathan_Corbet.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-08-04 05:06:16. [details]
- 2021_07_xx_physical_harm_by_the_mob_against_open_source_software_developers_keywords_Audacity_fork_Tenacity.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-08-04 04:55:48. [details]
- 2013_07_22_The_End_of_Democracy_in_Austria_a_blog_post_by_Daniel_Kraft_keywords_supermafia_repressions_censorship.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-07-09 03:14:19. [details]
- 2016_03_23_theregister_com_about_NPMjs_com_censorship_keywords_KIK_trademark_Azer_Koçulu_open_source_software_dependencies.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-06-10 12:06:58. [details]
- 2016_03_23_Azer_Koçulu_about_how_NPMjs_com_censored_his_open_source_software.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-06-10 11:49:22. [details]
- 2021_05_15_Apple_Censorship_by_using_its_Technically_and_Legally_Mandatory_Applications_Portal_in_2020_t1.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2021-05-26 23:48:20. [details]
- archive_is_rIvHJ.tar.xz added by martin_vahi on 2020-11-21 14:18:19. [details]
- O6r4f.zip added by martin_vahi on 2020-06-24 23:14:39. [details]
- 2020_04_21_privacyinternational_org_Telco_data_and_Covid19_A_primer_t1.tar.xz added by martin_vahi on 2020-04-27 17:20:16. [details]
- 2020_02_05_httrack_copy_of_en_wikipedia_org_slash_wiki_slash_Sci-Hub.tar.xz added by martin_vahi on 2020-02-06 05:02:03. [details]
- 2005_07_25_cbc_ca_Telus_cuts_subscriber_access_to_prounion_website.tar.xz added by martin_vahi on 2019-12-22 01:56:35. [details]
- 2019_12_02_recording_t01_of_www.quora.com_Why-can’t-Microsoft-make-software-of-the-same-quality-as-Google.webm added by martin_vahi on 2019-12-02 06:24:52. [details]
- 2019_12_01_screenshot_of_archive_org_censorship_t1.png added by martin_vahi on 2019-12-02 00:22:52. [details]
- h03nr.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-11-02 21:41:25. [details]
- 2018_10_08_err_ee_Toompea_supermafia_Sotsiaalministeerium_hakkab_propaganda_kohaselt_rahva_privaatseid_andmeid_v2lisfirmadele_litsenseerima_keywords_Haigekassa_ravikindlustus.webm added by martin_vahi on 2019-10-31 10:18:21. [details]
- HZA28.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-10-30 13:59:52. [details]
- gACzr.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-07-27 23:59:41. [details]
- 2019_06_14_DemocracyNow_org_Ola_Bini_taken_hostage_by_the_Ecuador_and_an_Introduction_to_Israeli_Human_Rights_Attorney_Lea_Tsemel.webm added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-18 12:19:33. [details]
- aPBv8.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-12 07:00:42. [details]
- Rxo2F.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-12 06:52:15. [details]
- 2019_06_12_clone_of_github_com_996icu.tar.xz added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-12 06:42:19. [details]
- Xk6Xc.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-12 06:22:43. [details]
- dsLF7.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-12 06:12:38. [details]
- 2015_06_03_ERR_P8randa_All_Kalju_M2tik_ja_Mati_Kiirend_ja_Tunne_Kelam_ja_Andres_Mustonen_v8tmefraasid_NSVLiit_Eesti_teisitim8tlejad_s8navabadus_Soviet_Union_Estonian_dissidents_freedom_of_speech_human_rights.webm added by martin_vahi on 2019-06-07 21:49:49. [details]
- uHpRv.zip added by martin_vahi on 2019-01-31 23:39:55. [details]
- 2002_02_04_MIPS_Technologies_Inc_represses_OpenCores_org_keywords_patent_trolls_James_F_Kurkowski_John_Bourgoin_open_source_hardware_censorship.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2018-12-19 11:12:24. [details]
- 2018_09_19_err_ee_Ringvaate_helil8ik_Toompea_supermafia_poolne_j2litustegevus_keywords_Orwell_1984_surveillance_Ringvaade.ogg added by martin_vahi on 2018-09-23 06:32:23. [details]
- archive_is_xF77K.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-09-14 01:24:29. [details]
- archive_is_CmyCg.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-09-13 23:54:23. [details]
- MW6cQ.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-08-10 22:16:10. [details]
- dEQ5Z.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-08-10 22:00:59. [details]
- FcSYk.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-08-10 19:32:35. [details]
- 2018_08_10_EKRE_ee_programm_keywords_christian_neonazi.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2018-08-10 18:04:20. [details]
- IKtkH.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-08-04 05:04:07. [details]
- YVmHk.zip added by martin_vahi on 2018-08-03 00:21:08. [details]
- 2018_03_15_err_ee_KGB_tsensuur_NSVLiidu_aegse_eesti_kristliku_kogukonna_suunal.webm added by martin_vahi on 2018-03-17 07:25:45. [details]
- 2008_02_xx_ted_com_Irwin_Redlener_About_Escaping_Nuclear_Bomb_Radioactive_Mushroom_Cloud_Fallout_keywords_FEMA_cannon_fodder_deception.webm added by martin_vahi on 2018-03-11 10:55:58. [details]
- 2015_11_09_democracynow_org_US_Military_Murders_Medecins_Sans_Frontiers_Members_at_Afghanistan_Kunduz_Hospital_by_Using_an_air_Strike.webm added by martin_vahi on 2018-03-11 10:07:41. [details]
- 2017_xx_xx_European_Union_European_Parliament_Committee_on_Civil_Liberties_Justice_and_Home_Affairs_Regulation_on_Privacy_and_Electronic_Communications_Rapporteur_Marju_Lauristin.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2018-01-24 16:41:30. [details]
- 2018_01_02_democracynow_org_Glenn_Greenwald_About_Facebook_Censorship_and_the_2017_12_Iran_Protests.webm added by martin_vahi on 2018-01-03 15:37:20. [details]
- 2FJi2.zip added by martin_vahi on 2017-12-31 09:44:27. [details]
- n5HMw.zip added by martin_vahi on 2017-12-31 08:43:53. [details]
- ZhWSN.zip added by martin_vahi on 2017-12-26 06:53:48. [details]
- 2015_xx_xx_Freedom_House_Kazakhstan_Censorship_t1.pdf added by martin_vahi on 2017-12-21 05:37:45. [details]
- ArK95.zip added by martin_vahi on 2017-12-21 05:34:45. [details]
- 4ZFm6.zip added by martin_vahi on 2017-11-27 17:51:20. [details]