General OverviewSilktorrent graph consists of vertices that are Silktorrent servers and sets of directed edges that are one-way tunnels between the 2 vertices. It is not specified, what the set of tunnels between any 2 vertices must consist of, but the existance of the tunnels is probabilistic. That is to say, any tunnel can cease to exist or re-appear at any moment and if all tunnels between the 2 vertices cease to exsist, then the 2 vertices loose direct connection.
BackgroundGiven the lessons learned from the TRON encoding and the American branch of character encoding formats, ASCII to Unicode, the Silktorrent is designed so that from addressing point of view the Silktorrent can cover the whole Universe. That entails infinitely large address space, which in turn entails infinitely large addresses, which can be avoided by using relative addressing. That way the huge computers of aliens can still communicate with the "tiny" computers of 2015 human race.
A link to Illustration 1
The Silktorrent graph nodes in the relative address space can originate from different, disconnected, regions of the infinite address space.
The Addressing SpecificationThere exist 2 levels of addressing:
- addresses of Silktorrent graph nodes within the Silktorrent graph;
- addresses of tunnel entry and exits at the addressing space of a tunnel;
Partial list of worlds that can be used for forming the tunnels:
- ordinary http;
- Tor network;
- mail-pigeon-drones that use automated battery exchangers at battery exchange stations;
- public transportation vehicles that have some data exchange equipment mounted on them;
- commuter cars/bycycles/backpacks with smome data exchane equipment;
- manual exchange of USB-sticks by people, who travel;
- HAM radio based data exchange;
As the throughput of those tunnels is very limited, a counter-measure for flooding attacks is to allow tunnel implementations and Silktorrent vertex nodes to choose, what data to relay, where to relay it and what kind of data packages to receive.
The communication protocol of the Silktorrent also has 2 levels:
- )Silktorrent graph communication protocol (hereafter:SGCP)
- Tunnel specific communication protocol that implements the SGCP through an adapter design pattern.
Silktorrent Graph Communication Protocol (SGCP)The V0 has been designed, but it still needs to be written down here.
A rough comment in Estonian:
Siia tuleb siis see jutt fikseeritud pakettide suurustest, kus server deklareerib suurusega ja aksepteeritava jaotusega ja muude parameetritega oma vastuvõtunõuded, toetatud räsialgoritmid, jne. pikk lugu koos turva-teemaga, a la sõprade signeeritud paketid võetakse kindlalt vastu, pakkettide saatjate ja vastuvõtjate anonüümsuse tagamise teema (mitu ID-d, muutuvad saatjate ID-d, jne.)