|Page Name:||Philosophical Test Cases|
Robbing and Looting
- Soviet Union era KGB robbed and looted activists of Soviet Estonian Christian community(a video in Estonian). The main items that were robbed were Christianity related books, artwork, recordings, but the KGB also robbed("confiscated") spare toilet paper and coffee, which were difficult to get during the period of Soviet goods shortage.
Cuts Internet Access for Julian Assange to Preserve Neutrality in U.S. Election (archival
copy, local copy)
- Gabon Internet Censorship (archival copy, local copy)
- Internet Blackouts in Kashmir (archival copy, local copy)
- Internet Blackouts in Togo (archival copy, local copy)
- Sharing of links to public web pages, "hyperlinking", is selectively censored in the European Union. (source_in_Estonian, its_archival_copy, its_local_copy, EU_doc, archival_copy_of_the_EU_doc, local_copy_of_the_EU_doc)
- The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority
blocked social media sites in 2017(archival
copy, local copy)
censorship efforts(archival copy,
- In 2017_12 the telegram.org banned/blocked(archival copy, local copy) an anti Iranian news channel. The background of the founder(archival copy,local copy) of the telegram.org, the Pavel Durov.
- In 2017_12 the Facebook deletes accounts according to the demands of the United States State Department(the U.S. equivalent of the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, "Välisministeerium") and according to the demands of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Psychological Methods Based Censorship
- 2017_12 Twitter unregistered(archival copy, local copy) at least some of the WikiLeaks Julian Assange tweet feed listeners.
- Microcode update (archival copy, local copy) of AMD (archival copy, local copy) and Intel CPU-s can be done by drivers and operating system updates.
An Environment, Where Human Lives are Expendable
- U.S. Military Murders
Medecins Sans Frontiers Members at Afghanistan Kunduz Hospital (local
copy of the whole DemocracyNow!
Exploitation Motivated Secrecy
- During the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union the evacuation plans of the U.S. cities were not to save the people, but to force the Soviet Union to double the amount of nuclear warheads that it has to spend: one set of warheads for the city and another set of warheads for the publicly known evacuation destinations. (local copy of the 2008_02 TED talk by the Irwin Redlener)
Some Vague Collections of References
- Index on Censorship YouTube Channel
- The http blockedinrussia dot com might be a "honey trap" for luring out anti-Kremlin activists (archival copy) or even if it is not, then those kind of sites are the ones that the Russian version of the "Great Wall of China" will probably try to monitor for traffic.
- netblocks.org Internet blockade
measurement tool and its GitHub account.
- Reporters Sans Frontieres ranking page.